Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Nice to Meet You!

Hello!

I'm Feminist at Heart and I will be contributing to this LOVELY blog started by the one and only Harvey Milk Jr. I have a BA in English (yes, like the song) with minors in Writing and Women's Studies. Other essential things you need to know about me. Hmmm...let's see. I identify as a heterosexual, feminist ally to the LGBT community. I'm a total pop culture junky. When I'm not reading, you will find me parked in front of my television watching anything that captures my interest for more than fifteen seconds. I justify my excessive pop culture intake by scoffing at all of the ignorant and uninformed things I hear/see. My interests in gender issues and pop culture will combine to provide you with lovely posts about the media we consume everyday and how we can look at it with a more critical eye, but still enjoy it. Additionally, I will bring you a regular feature titled, "Ummm...did you just say that?" In these posts, I will share with you things that I have heard people say, leading to my jaw dropping to the floor out of shock/disgust. These posts will feature things I have heard famous people or just us regular ol' people say. While I will try to maintain some sense of focus, I can't promise that my other interests won't creep their ways into my posts. I'm sure you'll begin to notice trends. For instance, I'm interested in gender issues as they affect the elderly population; I like to cook; I'm a vegetarian; I have a huge crush on Regina Spektor; I'm a huge baseball fan; I have watched (no joke) 6 different Tom Hanks movies this week (Toy Story 3 this weeeeek!!!!); I'm obsessed with Glee. Yea. There's plenty of other stuff you'll learn about me. Can't wait!

I look forward to blogging for you :)


Feminist at Heart

1 comment: