Sunday, July 18, 2010

Interview with an Ally: Reid

Name: Reid

Age: 22

Race/Ethnicity: Caucasian

Gender: male

Religion: Agnostic

When and how did you first decide you were a heterosexual?: I suppose when I first started thinking girls had cooties and then realizing that actually meant I thought they were attractive.

To whom have you disclosed your heterosexual tendencies? How did they react?: I never really had to tell anyone. It's one of the those things that is sort of just assumed.

Have you tried an alternative to heterosexuality?: I've only kissed one man, the leader singer of Mindless Self Indulgence. Though that's a strange claim to fame, I admit I didn't enjoy it.

Is it possible your heterosexuality is just a phase you may grow out of?: At this point, I really doubt it. I mean, anything's possible. I may end up with a boyfriend at some point but right now, I don't see it happening.

What do you think caused your heterosexuality?: Ha. Interesting question. I guess if something really "caused" it, it'd be my need to show women that not all guys are assholes when it comes to relationships :)




Special thanks to Reid for his courage and insight!
*Questions taken from the Heterosexuality Questionnaire, Attributed to Martin Rochlin, PhD, January 1977*

No comments:

Post a Comment